A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR A 1 DAY DESIGN SCHOOL WORKSHOP — DESIGN A BETTER BUSINESS. YOU WILL LEARN NEW TOOLS, SKILLS AND MINDSET TO APPLY FOR YOUR BUSINESS, CORPORATE OR START-UP. A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE @ STONE AND CHALK IN SYDNEY
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A 1 DAY WORKSHOP, DRINKS AND DINNER AT STONE AND CHALK IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. DESIGN. EAT. REPEAT. YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT THE FUTURE OF VALUE AND WHERE THE WORLD IS MOVING.
GET OUT OF THE BUILDING!
You need to step up as a rebel and be comfortable with being uncomfortable. We help you to get out of the building and be prepared. What do potential customers do? What do they think of your (new) offer? What questions do you ask? Part of the workshop is to observe and question (potential) customers for your offer.
WHY SHOULD YOU COME?
You are a rebel and want to transform your business or start a new business. You are a business leader, an aspiring entrepreneur, a corporate innovator, a growth investor, a social impact change agent or enterprising student, this deep dive will yield you many insights and experience with new tools to change uncertainty into opportunity tomorrow. You want to look for like minded people and connect with the community. Oh, and you’re not looking for yet another workshop. You’re looking for a true experience.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- How design thinking can be applied for both strategy and innovation
- How design thinking tools are different and will lead to different results
- Get familiar with non linear thinking and apply the Double Loop
- Learn how to set your Point of View (POV)
- Learn how other organizations apply these new tools and skills
- Apply visual thinking so you become addicted
9:00-10:30 EMBRACE UNCERTAINTY
- Design thinking applied for strategy and innovation
- Linear thinking vs. The Double Loop
- The seven essential skills of designers
- Design criteria as a toolbox for business (tool)
- A marker, post-it notes and your notebook as visual tools
11:00-12:30 YOUR POINT OF VIEW (POV)
- What is your Point of View? Do you have one?
- Design your vision and strategy with the 5 bold steps vision canvas (tool)
- Case Study: The future of value – how ING Bank designed their vision
- How to connect your vision to your business model and value proposition
13:30-15:00 UNDERSTAND CUSTOMERS
- How to understand your customer best through observation
- Understand your customer with the persona and right hand side of Value Proposition Canvas (tool)
- The customer journey as a way to understand customers (tool)
- The art of asking the right questions to the right people
15:30-17:00 IDEATE AND DESIGN NEW BUSINESS MODELS
- 5 Innovation techniques to get your engines going!
- The business model canvas as a tool for innovation (tool)
- Design your value proposition with the value proposition canvas (tool)
- Case Study: Where are people moving?
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU JOIN OUR WORKSHOP?
- The Book Design a Better Business
- The essential tool box with templates
- Set of markers, post it notes to work with
- A storytelling toolkit to get your message across
- Detailed case studies
WHO WILL RUN THE WORKSHOP?
Patrick van der Pijl author Design a Better Business, CEO Business Models Inc.
Michael Eales, Partner Business Models Inc.
PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: ANZADMIN@BUSINESSMODELSINC.COM FOR ANY QUERIES.